Mote for Google Slides automates several steps to make audio insertion easy within Slides:
1. Recording your voice note
2. Saving your voice note to Google Drive
3. Inserting your voice note into your Google Slides presentation
In order to complete steps 2 and 3, you'll need to be logged into Mote with the same Google account credentials you're using with your current Google Slides presentation.
You'll be asked to add additional permissions so that Mote can edit your Slides presentation - you may need to check the boxes to confirm this, see the screenshot below:
If you've double-checked that this is the case, and still can't insert audio into Slides, it's possible that your network administrator has enabled a domain level restriction on 3rd party apps accessing Google Drive.
Please share this article with your Google account administrator or IT department. If you're the Google Admin, please consider reviewing and updating the API restrictions on your account:
Check out this Google Article for more info - https://support.google.com/a/answer/7281227?hl=en&ref_topic=10021546#zippy=%2Creview-the-third-party-apps-in-your-environment%2Cmanage-access-to-google-services-restricted-or-unrestricted
And here's a video showing where these settings are within the Google Admin console.
In addition, there is a known issue with using mote in Google Slides that have been uploaded from a template, or are uploaded as PowerPoint files. To solve this issue, please open the Slide, then go to "File > Save as Google Slides."
Finally, if you have saved as a Google Slide, your account admin has checked or confirmed the settings, and you still can't access mote for Google Slides, please do the following:
1. Visit https://mote.com/support/testslides
2. Paste in the URL of the slide that you're trying to use with mote. Please be sure to wait until the Slides page has fully loaded before you grab its URL.
3. Copy any error message that is generated into an email and send to email@example.com