We've developed Mote for Google Slides to be the easiest, most delightful way to record and insert audio content to Google Slides.
Read this first
One really important requirement for using Mote for Slides is that you are logged into Google Workspace and into Mote with the same account. This is so that we can save your voice note to your Google Drive, and then insert it automagically into your Slide.
Before you do anything else, check to see that you are logged into Mote (see the Mote menu) and into Google (see your Google Account - as below) with the same email address.
Read this second
If you are having issues with Mote for Slides, there's a 90% chance that this is caused by not following the instructions in 'Read this first' above!
1. Make sure that you're logged into Mote and Google Slides with the same account. For example, if your mote account is your school email address, make sure that you're logged into Google Slides with the same account.
2. Click on the new mote icon in the Slides menu bar
3. Follow the instructions - you may be asked to enable the microphone, and you may need to log in again.
Known questions / issues
If you encounter error messages, please try...
1. Refreshing the page
2. Log out of mote, then log back in. Then refresh the Slides page again.
3. Still not working? Go to www.mote.com/chrome and remove the mote extension. Then re-install the latest version.
4. Check that you have edit permissions for the slides document - try inserting text or a shape to confirm.
5. Create a new Slides presentation. Can you insert motes into that presentation? If so, then the issue is likely with the presentation that you are working on. If not...keep going through this list!
6. Check that you don't have firewall or content-filtering issues - go to https://www.mote.com/diagnostics to check your connectivity. Speak to your IT department if there's any 'red' messages.
7. We are aware of an issue with using Mote for Google Slides within Google Classroom Private Comments - the audio should be inserted, however, it may appear as a grey icon rather than the friendly Mote play button.
9. If you have other extensions installed within Google Slides (in particular 'Record to Slides') please try disabling that extension to see if that solves your issue.
10. Mote for Slides doesn't work with PowerPoint documents viewed within Google Slides. If you're using a PowerPoint, you'll need to convert it to Google Slides format before using with Mote.
11. If you've tried everything else, please complete a support ticket using the chat widget at the bottom of this page.